What is OT/ICS system hardening?
System hardening is an elaborate process wherein the risks, vulnerabilities, as well as threats on assets as well as networks, are resolved. The main aim is to make sure that companies can implement cyber-physical processes and operations that are secure and reliable.
Some of the key components of ICS/OT system hardening are:
- Software and firmware patching
- Configuration is secured
- Restriction of user and account access
- Facilitating security of network connectivity
- Elimination of any software that is unnecessary
- Making sure that there are proper backups
Elements of Eonia Solution’s OT System Hardening
To harden OT systems, there is a need to incorporate a set of integrated actions in order to address a few risks and create compensating controls for others
- Patch Review
Look at the available patches associated with security criticality, system relevance, as well as OEM vendor approval
- Patch Gathering and Preparation
Acquire and bundle up the approved patches from vendors of OS, application, and OEM and integrate them into the delivery mechanism
- Assess and Validate Patches
If there are patches that do not demonstrate any vendor approval, it is recommended to try it on a system that is either redundant or singular, following which you can track and review it
- Patch Deployment
Make use of our Security Center as well as our OT/ICS services team, who will assist you in deploying the patches to various machines that require them. It is crucial to implement OT/ICS network hardening for security due to an array of reasons:
It is crucial to implement OT/ICS network hardening for security due to an array of reasons:
1. A lot of devices are not designed by taking into account various security concerns. Thus, there is a need to incorporate several mechanisms and integrate different protective elements to enhance their security.
We associate with our clients to fasten up their ICS cybersecurity maturity through the use of vulnerability assessment outputs in order to quickly shift as well as harden their control systems in order to ensure that their most critical assets are secured.